EE.UU. debería apoyar al presidente electo Milei 10 de diciembre del 2023 La Nación …Milei es un aliado y EE.UU. debería apoyarlo. El presidente Joe Biden debería darle la bienvenida a Milei porque en estos momentos es difícil encontrar aliados en Latinoamérica y el...
Rubio, Gallagher Statement on Biden Admin’s Watered-down Sanctions on Chinese Officials Conducting Genocide
The Biden Administration has been slow to implement sanctions under the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act, which became law in 2020, and seeks to hold the perpetrators of the Uyghur genocide accountable. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and U.S. Representative Mike...
In-person Mobile Office Hours Monday, December 11, 2023 Jackson County 9:30am – 11:00am CST UF/IFAS Jackson County Extension 2741 Penn Ave. Suite 3 Marianna, FL 32448 Click Here Pinellas County 1:30pm – 3:00pm EST Pinellas Park Chamber of Commerce 5851 Park...
Foreign adversaries, including China, have significantly increased covert tactics to infiltrate American colleges and K-12 schools. They do this to steal research, spread propaganda, and silence students and academics. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and...
The criminal Maduro regime issued bogus warrants to arrest members of the Venezuelan opposition, including several campaign staffers working for opposition leader María Corina Machado, who won the opposition’s primary election earlier this year. Last night, Roberto...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Ninoska Pérez en La Poderosa 670 AM, sobre los grupos en EE.UU. que apoyan la masacre que lidera Hamás contra Israel, sobre los reclamos para un cese de fuego, sobre el arresto de Manuel Rocha y más. Una...
Rubio, Mace Introduce Standing With Moms Act
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) presentó la ley Standing with Moms Act. The bill would create Life.gov, a federal clearinghouse of pro-life resources, services, and information for pregnant and parenting mothers.
The bill is part of the pro-life, pro-family framework Rubio rolled out in June following the Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade.
- “Pregnant and newly parenting mothers should not be left in the dark, nor should they be pushed toward abortion. Instead, they should have easy access to the resources they need to look after their babies. This bill would help make that a reality.” – Senator Rubio
Senators Roger Marshall (R-KS), Roger Wicker (R-MS), James Inhofe (R-OK), Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), John Thune (R-SD), Rick Scott (R-FL), Ted Cruz (R-TX), and Deb Fischer (R-NE) are cosponsors.
- “It should be easy for mothers to access the many resources that are available to support them and their children. Creating a new national clearinghouse for information that can lend parents a helping hand is a straightforward way to advance the cause of life.” – Senator Wicker
- “Expecting and new mothers deserve every ounce of support they can get, and it’s important they know what federal, state, local, and nonprofit resources are available to them. This bill would achieve that by creating an accessible, one-stop-shop of resources for women who need assistance with anything from prenatal healthcare to infant nutrition, housing, or adoption options.” – Senator Hyde-Smith
- “It has always been a privilege to protect the lives of the unborn and their mothers—that includes ensuring mothers have easy access to the pro-life resources and services available to them. That’s why I joined Sen. Rubio in introducing the Standing with Moms Act which would create a website to give mothers the ability to find vital information as they make decisions for themselves and their children.” – Senator Inhofe
- “I’m proud to support this commonsense legislation that would help pregnant women easily access resources and other information available to them at the federal, state, and local level.” – Senator Thune
- “The Standing With Moms Act puts into action our commitment to support moms and dads bringing new life into this world and raising the next generation of great Americans. I’m proud to join Senator Rubio and our colleagues to support this good bill which creates a federal clearinghouse and increases resources for new and expecting moms and dads to take care of their babies.” – Senator Scott
- “We should be celebrating motherhood and pregnancy as the miracle and social good that it is. This bill will ensure that expecting mothers are able to easily find and access all of the pregnancy resources readily available for young families, so they know they are not alone on this journey and know where to find help when they need it. I’m proud to stand with Senator Marco Rubio and Congresswoman Nancy Mace as we introduce this legislation.” – Senator Cruz
- “One way we can show compassion for moms and their babies is to improve access to the resources and support systems they deserve. By creating a new online clearinghouse, we can raise awareness about the federal, state, and private sector resources readily available to help families navigate the journey of pregnancy and caring for a child. ” – Senator Fischer.
U.S. Representative Nancy Mace (R-SC) introduced companion legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- “It’s important that in our approach to promoting life as a country, we also provide women with the family planning resources they need to carry a healthy baby to term and succeed as new mothers. The Standing with Moms Act will create life.gov, a resource portal giving pregnant women in every state access to the most comprehensive network of resources available at the local, state and federal level as well as in the private sector. I look forward to working with Senator Rubio who is introducing the Senate companion to ensure expecting mothers are supported across the country.” – Representative Mace
The bill received praise from pro-family, pro-life advocates.
- “Senator Marco Rubio and Representative Nancy Mace are strong defenders of American mothers. For more than 50 years, Americans United for Life has fought for women’s equity and will continue to adamantly support making positive changes for women’s welfare. The Standing with Moms Act is a critical step to provide mothers common sense support. Americans are a compassionate people, and America’s nearly 3,000 pregnancy resource centers are well equipped and have women-centered and child-centered services that include everything from housing to diapers. All mothers are owed real assistance, resources, support, and care, and this bill will help make that a reality.” – Catherine Glenn Foster, President & CEO, Americans United for Life
- “We applaud Senator Rubio and Representative Mace for providing information about failed abortions, abortion survivors and the challenges they face. It is our hope that this bill will help women understand that they can make a choice everyone can live with—including their unborn child. We are grateful that the bill goes further than any other piece of legislation ever has by acknowledging the risks of abortion, identifying services necessary to treat complications after abortion, and providing support for abortion survivors and their families.” – Melissa Ohden, Founder & Executive Director of the Abortion Survivors Network
- “We applaud Senator Marco Rubio and Representative Nancy Mace for championing the Standing with Moms Act, providing pregnant mothers the invaluable resource of easy information access to federal, state, local, and private life affirming resources through a designated website. This bill, if enacted, will go a long way towards the simple act of providing information to families facing an unexpected pregnancy about the collective millions of dollars’ worth of free resources.” – Jeanne F. Mancini, President of the March for Life Education & Defense Fund
- Last month’s Dobbs decision was a victory for life, but it was also just the first step in our fight for the unborn. As state and federal legislators continue to push new legislative initiatives to protect life, we must concurrently work to build a pro-life culture, which includes helping expecting and new moms with the challenges they face. Senator Rubio’s Standing With Mom’s Act does just that by creating a bank of vetted non-profits and other resources to assist moms with every aspect of motherhood such as healthcare, nutrition, housing, legal support, and adoption and foster care resources.” – Jessica Anderson, Executive Director of Heritage Action
- “Concerned Women for America and our hundreds of thousands of members around the country are proud to support the Standing with Moms Act and rally behind a one-stop resource for women to choose life at www.life.gov. This is common sense legislation, and we thank Senator Rubio and Rep. Mace for championing women and working to support them in their journey to do what is best for their lives and those of their babies.” – Penny Nance, CEO & President of Concerned Women for America
- “National Right to Life applauds Sen. Marco Rubio and Rep. Nancy Mace for their work on the ‘Standing with Moms Act.’ The legislation will create a comprehensive clearinghouse to help pregnant women and new moms more easily connect with the numerous wide-ranging programs—federal, state, local, and non-profit—available to them to support them with healthcare, housing, nutrition, legal issues, and/or adoption. National Right to Life applauds this legislation as a powerful step in connecting women with the resources available to them and ensuring early prenatal care and postnatal support. This legislation will provide mothers the support they need in choosing life for their babies.” – Jennifer Popik, Director of Federal Legislation at the National Right to Life Committee
- “There are over 2,700 pregnancy centers throughout the country who stand ready to lovingly provide hope, encouragement, and vital resources for pregnant women and their babies. We thank Congresswoman Nancy Mace, Senator Marco Rubio and their colleagues for supporting mothers in need by providing them access to these critical life-affirming resources.” —Hon. Marilyn Musgrave, SBA Pro-Life America’s vice president of government affairs
Family Research Council also supports the legislation.