El 21 de diciembre del 2023 expirarán las sanciones del gobierno de EE.UU. contra el narco-dictador venezolano Nicolás Maduro y 150 miembros de su régimen criminal, quienes son responsables de abusos contra los DDHH. del pueblo venezolano. El senador estadounidense...
On December 21, 2023, the U.S. government’s sanctions against Venezuela’s narco-dictator Nicolás Maduro, and 150 members of his criminal regime responsible for human rights abuses against the Venezuelan people, will expire. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL)...
En el 2017, el Departamento de Estado de EE.UU. publicó la Lista de Entidades Restringidas de Cuba para prohibir transacciones con entidades afiliadas al Ministerio del Interior (MININT) y/o al Ministerio de las Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias (MINFAR). Tanto el...
In 2017, the U.S. Department of State published the Cuba Restricted Entities List to prohibit transactions with entities affiliated with the Ministry of the Interior (MININT) and/or the Ministry of the Revolutionary Armed Forces (MINFAR), which are responsible for...
More than 500 Biden Administration employees have reportedly signed an open letter urging the president to call for a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. These employees may be using their roles in the federal government to undercut efforts aimed at supporting Israel....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s...
Rubio Issues Statement on ITC Global Safeguard Investigation of Blueberry Imports
Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) released a statement after the International Trade Commission (ITC) voted in its Section 201 Global Safeguard Investigation to deny relief to Florida’s blueberry growers, who have been harmed by an influx of blueberry imports due to unfair trade practices by countries like Mexico.
“Today’s disappointing decision by the ITC ignores the plight of Florida’s blueberry growers, who have endured increasingly predatory and unfair competition from Mexican imports for years,” Rubio said. “Relief for Florida’s fruit and vegetable growers is long overdue, and I remain committed to securing immediate, effective, enforceable, and durable solutions to unfair import competition.
“I am a firm believer that food security is national security,” Rubio continued. “Tens of millions of Americans rely on food grown in Florida during the winter and spring months, when harvests cannot take place in the rest of the country. To ensure that America’s food supply chains are free from malicious market manipulations by foreign importers, we must ensure that Florida’s growers can compete in a fair market environment. Unfortunately, the current market is neither free nor fair. It is my hope that the Biden Administration will work with me, and Florida’s bipartisan congressional delegation, to chart a path forward from here.”
- January 15, 2021: Rubio, Florida Republicans Urge Relief for Produce Growers From Mexico’s Unfair Trade Practices
- August 13, 2020: Rubio Delivers Defense of Florida’s Seasonal Growers at Virtual Hearing
- January 16, 2020: English/ Español: Rubio Statement on Senate Passage of USMCA
- September 29, 2019: Rubio: Today’s Suspension Agreement is a Significant Win for American Tomato Growers
- August 21, 2019: Rubio Applauds New Tomato Suspension Agreement
- August 8, 2019: Rubio Looks Forward to Conclusion of Antidumping Investigation on Fresh Tomatoes from Mexico
- May 7, 2019: Rubio Applauds U.S. Commerce Department Withdrawal From Tomato Suspension Agreement with Mexico, Resumption of Antidumping Investigation
- May 7, 2019: ICYMI: Rubio stands with U.S. tomato growers in our battle against cheap Mexican imports
- April 4, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Raise Concerns to Lighthizer Regarding Lack of Effective Trade Enforcement for Seasonal Produce in USMCA
- March 13, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Fire Back in Defense of U.S. Farmers, Administration
- February 1, 2019: Rubio, Yoho Lead Colleagues in Urging Secretary Ross To Support U.S. Tomato Growers Suffering From Unfair Mexican Trade Practices
- February 7, 2019: Rubio, Yoho Applaud U.S. Commerce Department Decision to Withdraw From Tomato Suspension Agreement with Mexico
- January 3, 2019: Rubio, Buchanan Re-Introduce Bill To Combat Mexico’s Unfair Trade Practices Hurting Florida Farmers
- September 26, 2018: Rubio, Nelson Introduce Bill to Combat Mexican Unfair Trade Practices Facing Florida Farmers