EE.UU. debería apoyar al presidente electo Milei 10 de diciembre del 2023 La Nación …Milei es un aliado y EE.UU. debería apoyarlo. El presidente Joe Biden debería darle la bienvenida a Milei porque en estos momentos es difícil encontrar aliados en Latinoamérica y el...
Rubio, Gallagher Statement on Biden Admin’s Watered-down Sanctions on Chinese Officials Conducting Genocide
The Biden Administration has been slow to implement sanctions under the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act, which became law in 2020, and seeks to hold the perpetrators of the Uyghur genocide accountable. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and U.S. Representative Mike...
In-person Mobile Office Hours Monday, December 11, 2023 Jackson County 9:30am – 11:00am CST UF/IFAS Jackson County Extension 2741 Penn Ave. Suite 3 Marianna, FL 32448 Click Here Pinellas County 1:30pm – 3:00pm EST Pinellas Park Chamber of Commerce 5851 Park...
Foreign adversaries, including China, have significantly increased covert tactics to infiltrate American colleges and K-12 schools. They do this to steal research, spread propaganda, and silence students and academics. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and...
The criminal Maduro regime issued bogus warrants to arrest members of the Venezuelan opposition, including several campaign staffers working for opposition leader María Corina Machado, who won the opposition’s primary election earlier this year. Last night, Roberto...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Ninoska Pérez en La Poderosa 670 AM, sobre los grupos en EE.UU. que apoyan la masacre que lidera Hamás contra Israel, sobre los reclamos para un cese de fuego, sobre el arresto de Manuel Rocha y más. Una...
Rubio, Hyde-Smith Introduce Bill to Kickstart American Rare Earth Manufacturing
Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS) introduced the Obtaining National and Secure Homeland Operations for Rare Earth (ONSHORE) Manufacturing Act. The legislation would incentivize the development of rare earth metallurgy manufacturing facilities in the United States by creating a financial investment program within the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Congressman Tony Gonzales (R-TX) led companion legislation in the House of Representatives.
“The United States is dangerously dependent on China’s rare-earth manufacturing industry,” Rubio said. “Rare earths are used in everything from batteries to advanced weapons systems. Relying on a hostile regime in Beijing for these critical products poses a serious national and economic security problem. We need to take immediate action to onshore these operations.”
“The United States must rebuild its rare earth capacity or face worse economic and national security risks,” Hyde-Smith said. “China’s growing confrontational stance toward the United States, combined with the disruptions to our economy from Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, should serve as a stark wakeup call. The ONSHORE Manufacturing Act would help set a foundation for proactively doing what we must to protect our nation and its long-term interests.”
“In no way should the United States be reliant on China or other adversaries for products we can produce domestically,” Gonzales said. “We have the capabilities in my district specifically to develop rare earth elements and products. It’s unacceptable that we are relying on China for an industry that can be developed in our own backyard.”
Lea el texto de la carta en inglés aquí. ONSHORE Manufacturing Act:
- Establishes a financial investment program within the U.S. Department of Energy to provide funding assistance to private entities specifically for the purpose of developing rare earth metallurgical/manufacturing facilities, where final products are produced.
- Establishes a multilateral investment fund for the Secretary of State to coordinate with U.S. allies to establish secure international rare earth supply chains.
- Directs the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) to establish a workforce development initiative to facilitate workforce training programs and apprenticeships relating to all steps of the rare earth production process.
- Directs the President to submit a plan of action, in coordination with relevant federal agency heads and industry stakeholders, for enhancing domestic product production and the development of technologies through the Defense Production Act.
- Prohibits “foreign entities of concern” from receiving funds under the program, including entities owned, controlled, or influenced by the DPRK, PRC, Russia, or Iran, as well as entities considered to be engaged in conduct that is harmful to the national security or foreign policy of the U.S.
- Includes a provision to allow DOE to clawback funds from a recipient if they conduct joint research or share intellectual property with a foreign entity of concern.
March 2022: ICYMI: New York Times: Marco Rubio Leads G.O.P. Push for a More Combative Stance on China
April 2021: Rubio, McKinley, Colleagues Urge Biden Administration to Establish Rare Earth Metallurgical Cooperative to End U.S. Dependence on China
March 2021: ICYMI: Rubio Calls for Rare-Earth Industrial Policy
February 2021: Biden Administration Embraces Rubio Approach to Securing America’s Supply Chain
December 2020: Rubio Urges Department of the Interior to Address Supply Chain Reliance on Rare Earth Minerals From China
October 2020: Rubio Welcomes President’s Action to Address U.S. Dependence on China for Critical Minerals
July 2020: America’s Security Needs a Cooperative Rebuilding of Rare Earth Supply Chains
May 2020: ICYMI: Rubio: Breaking the China Supply Chain
Diciembre del 2019: Rubio Applauds U.S. Army’s Move to Fund Construction of Rare Earths Processing Facilities
Diciembre del 2019: Rubio: To Counter China We Must Invest in America
September 2019: Rubio Secures Critical Funding for Florida and to Protect U.S. National Security in Appropriations Bill
July 2019: ICYMI: WSJ: Marco Rubio Introduces a Bill to Boost the U.S. Rare Earth Industry
July 2019: Rubio Introduces Bill to Combat China’s Rare Earth Monopoly, Boost U.S. Advanced Manufacturing
February 2019: Rubio Releases Report Outlining China’s Plan for Global Dominance and Why America Must Respond