The Biden Administration set a November 30, 2023 deadline for Venezuela’s criminal Maduro narco-regime to release U.S. hostages and enable opposition leader María Corina Machado, who had a landslide victory in October’s primary elections, to run against Maduro in the...
Last month, American autoworkers secured big wins through negotiations with the “Big Three” automakers. Automakers have historically threatened to offshore manufacturing jobs and production to cut costs, even while they receive generous benefits from the American tax...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host Mobile Office Hours this week to assist constituents who were affected by Hurricane Idalia. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s eight regional offices a more...
Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL), a company directly funded and supported by the Chinese Communist Party, continues to pose national security risks to the United States. This past spring, CATL batteries were installed at Camp Lejeune, North...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s...
Rubio y Colegas a Biden: Prohiba los Viajes Procedentes de China para Evitar la Propagación de Enfermedades Misteriosas
A mysterious respiratory illness is once again spreading in China. Until we know more about what could be a new pathogen, the United States must do everything possible to prevent the illness from reaching our shores. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and colleagues sent...
Rubio, Colleagues Reintroduce Bill to Sanction Enablers of Palestinian Terrorist Groups
Foreign entities have fueled extremist Palestinian groups and encouraged their hateful actions towards the Jewish state of Israel and its people.
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and colleagues reintroduced the Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad International Terrorism Support Prevention Act to impose sanctions on foreign individuals, entities, and governments that provide support to Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, and other Palestinian terrorist groups that just spent weeks launching more than 1,000 rockets at Israeli civilians in 2023.
Senators Kevin Cramer (R-ND), Bill Cassidy (R-LA), Mike Braun (R-IN), Thom Tillis (R-NC), Rick Scott (R-FL), John Hoeven (R-ND), Jerry Moran (R-KS), Bill Hagerty (R-TN), Steve Daines (R-MT) and Todd Young (R-IN) are original cosponsors.
- “As these terrorist groups continue to show no regard for the people of Israel, I’m proud to reintroduce this bill, which seeks to impose sanctions against foreign nationals and governments that are actively providing material support to these groups. We must hold accountable the individuals who are aiding Hamas terrorists and Palestinian Islamic Jihad.” – Senator Rubio
- “Terrorist organizations threaten the existence of our greatest ally: the Jewish State of Israel. We must hold those aiding terrorists accountable with stiff sanctions.” – Senator Cassidy
- “Israel is facing unyielding attacks from Hamas and other Palestinian terrorist groups. Rockets continue to rain down on innocent Israelis and America must make clear that we will always stand unapologetically with our great ally, Israel, and against all that wish it harm. I’m proud to support this legislation that strengthens our support for Israel with a strong show of force by imposing sanctions against individuals, entities and governments that fund some of the largest terrorist groups that attack Israel.” – Senator Scott
- “Our legislation will sanction those who support terrorism against Israel, while holding accountable those nations that do not take seriously the threats posed by Palestinian terrorist groups. Israel is one of America’s closest allies and deserves our support in countering these persistent threats to its security.” – Senator Hoeven
- “As Iran-backed terrorist groups continue to indiscriminately fire rockets in to Israel with the intent of killing civilians, the United States must do more to help our closest ally in the Middle East counter terrorist adversaries. That’s why I’m pleased to co-sponsor the Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad International Terrorism Support Prevention Act, a critical bill to impose sanctions against foreign individuals and entities that financially support this terrorism.” – Senator Hagerty
Specifically, this bill would impose sanctions on foreign persons—or agencies of foreign states—that knowingly assist, sponsor, or provide significant support for the terrorist activities of Hamas or PIJ. Sanctions include asset freezes, denial of arms exports, denial of dual-use exports, prohibitions on major loans or financing from U.S. financial institutions, and denial of Export-Import Bank support.
¿Quiere más información?