Thank you for your interest in a nomination to one of our nation’s service academies.
As a member of the U.S. Senate, I have the honor of nominating promising young men and women from Florida for selection to the four service academies which require nomination: Naval Academy at Annapolis, MD, the Military Academy at West Point, NY, the Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, CO, and the Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY. High school juniors and seniors, as well as high school graduates under the age of 23, are invited to apply for a nomination to a service academy.
Because of the limited number of nominations available to each Senator, applicants should strongly consider contacting Senator Bill Nelson’s office and your member of the U.S. House of Representative’s office regarding their nomination process as well. You can find the name of your congressman at the U.S. House of Representatives’ website at: www.house.gov.
It is very important that the applicant for nomination, not their parent or guardian, complete the application and contact my office if there are any questions regarding the process. Thank you for your interest in our country’s service academies.
Because of the nomination timeline, applicants should plan on
taking the SAT/ACT during their junior year. To
directly submit SAT/ACT scores to Senator Rubio’s office for the upcoming nomination cycle, use the SAT code of 5287 and the ACT code of 7117.
Senator Rubio’s 2014 Academy Nomination Process Timeline
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
• Application process opens.
***Wednesday, September 3, 2014***
• Deadline for submission of online application.
• Postmark deadline for submission of hard copy information. Corresponding attachments postmarked after this date will be considered incomplete and not eligible for consideration.
• Applications sent to office locations other than the Tallahassee Post Office Box Address will cause delays in processing.
Monday, October 6, 2014
• Interview notices mailed to prospective candidates.
Saturday, October 25, 2014
• Personal interview conducted. Interviews will be held in various locations throughout Florida.
• Please keep the interview date open on your calendar. There are no make-up or alternate dates.
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
• Nominee notification of status by mail begins.
If you have any questions regarding a Service Academy Nomination,
please contact the Academy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A nomination through any authority does not guarantee
acceptance into a service academy. A Congressional nomination is only part of the process. Individuals interested in attending a service academy must both apply directly to the academy (or academies) of choice as well as secure a Congressional nomination.
You should contact the service academy or academies that you are interested in and inform the admissions office of your interest. Officials at the academies will then establish a candidate file for you to track your admissions process. Along with your application to the academies, you will also need physical and medical evaluations.
More information about the application process for each service
academy can be found on the academy websites. Please note that the Coast Guard Academy does not require a Congressional nomination.